Saturday, August 11, 2012

Intense Minds, a Resource




Excerpt: “I found such understanding by listening to children with bipolar disorder, and by listening to adults whose symptoms emerged during childhood.  These are the ones who truly know what it feels like.”

So begins Anglada's book, Intense Minds, a compendium of observations about bipolar disorder. My daughter and I read these quotes to one another as we traveled one day. Quotes would spark memories and discussions about her childhood and teen years. Both she and I learned more about how bipolar had affected her. Each of us made a quantum leap in our understanding that day. A wonderful book to share between friends, or parent and child.

I have had students with bipolar who loved this book and always keep a copy on the shelf in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment